AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 21st
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 37c and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Balkh Legends vs Kabul Zwanan will be televised live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Balkh Legends vs Kabul Zwanan will not be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Simon Helmot
Captain: Mohammad Nabi
- The Balkh Legends put in the most dominant performance of APL 2018 so far in the semi-final as they hammered Nangarhar Leopards by a stunning 171 as they smashed them to all parts with the bat and then skittled them for just 64.
- The batting line-up produced the goods with the top four of Gayle (54), Rasooli (78), Munro (33) and Nabi (47) in outstanding form in the total of 235/5 – their second highest score of the tournament after the 244/6 they hit against their opponents here last time they met when they scored 244/6.
- Their bowlers also stepped up big time against the Leopards but that was a fragile batting unit that was beaten before they came out to bat, and they will have to raise their game once again against Ronchi, Evans, Ingram and Rashid Khan as they will likely be unchanged from the semi-final.
Coach: Heath Streak
Captain: Rashid Khan
- Kabul Zwanan reached the final after overcoming Paktia Panthers on Saturday as they hit 192/9 and then they took complete control and bowled their opponents out for just 102 which similar to the Legends on Friday, they had their opponents beaten after their batting total psychologically.
- Another majestic performance by Rashid Khan was to thank for the stunning victory as he smashed 35 runs from 19 balls with the bat and took 4/20 with the ball, and he continues to be the matchwinner for his talented side.
- They will surely go unchanged in this game and name the same team that won the semi, although they will assess the fitness of their players after such a quick turnaround in matches for them as they try beat the Legends for the first time this tournament.
Mohammad Nabi versus Rashid Khan and this could very well come down to which of the talented Afghani captains produces the goods on the day. The Legends had the easier path to the final by beating the Leopards but they do have a number of factors in their favour here. They have already beaten Kabul Zwanan twice already in this tournament and they will be confident of making this number three. They also benefit from having a rest day between matches too which will by welcomed by some of their more senior players like Chris Gayle. This Balkh Legends batting line-up is the outstanding unit in the entire tournament, and barring some Rashid Khan magic or them slipping up at the final hurdle, that should prove to be the decisive factor for the Legends – who have been the standout team throughout this tournament.