AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 6th
October, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 33c and glorious sunshine all day
What channel is it on? Balkh Legends vs Kabul Zwanan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? Balkh Legends vs Kabul Zwanan cannot be streamed live in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/apl/eventlist
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Simon Helmot
Captain: Mohammad Nabi
- The Legends play their first game in the Afghanistan Premier League and will be led by star all-rounder Mohammad Nabi and he has a star-studded cast alongside him as they rank among the favourites for the trophy.
- The batting line-up has plenty firepower with T20 legend Chris Gayle opening the innings and Colin Munro in the middle order as he comes off an outstanding Caribbean Premier League campaign.
- With Nabi offering strong support to both the batting and bowling units along with fellow all-rounder Ravi Bopara, they will rely heavily on the talented Aussie paceman Ben Laughlin who has a superb record in the Big Bash despite not being a big name.
Coach: Heath Streak
Captain: Rashid Khan
- The Kabul outfit will come into this game with plenty of confidence after chasing down Paktia Panthers’ 218/4 with five balls to spare in the opening match thanks to some big hitting by English batsman Laurie Evans.
- Rashid Khan’s men will be able to count on Colin Ingram for this match which will boost their batting line-up even further which is ominous for opposing teams and bowling attacks based on that opening performance without him.
- The bowling attack was pretty poor in the opening game and the reliance on the captain Rashid Khan was clear to see but they will desperately need some of their other bowlers to step up and produce the goods.
Kabul Zwanan somehow won their opening match despite being up against it chasing 218 to win the game. They managed it however and they showed their credentials as one of the better teams in this tournament. Balkh Legends kick off their campaign with plenty of optimism coming into this game and plenty of big names themselves. Gayle, Munro and Nabi are all potential matchwinners and will relish batting against this poor bowling attack aside from Rashid Khan. There should be plenty of runs in this one but Kabul may benefit from having already played on the pitch already. Little to choose between them though and it will likely come down to which bowling attack can hold two big hitting batting line-ups.