2017-18 Line-up Changes In English Football
8th Dec 2017 by TSZ
We've logged every line-up in the 2017-18 season for the top six tiers of English football to see which teams tend to have a fairly settled starting XI and who sees frequent personnel changes.
Below are the average changes made per league match so far. The top six tiers (Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two, National League, National League North & National League South) are accounted for.
Last updated 08/12/17
- To date, Liverpool have made the most changes to their starting XI, with Jurgen Klopp making an average of 3.9 alterations to his line-up per game.
- Burnley have the most settled line-up in the Premier League, averaging just 0.8 changes per game.
- Norwich City top the Championship table for line-up changes, averaging 3.1 per game.
- Wolves have seen very few changes to date, as they average just 1.2 per game.
- Bristol Rovers have seen the most rotations in League One, with an average of 3.1 per game.
- There have been few alterations to the Charlton Athletic and Wigan Athletic starting line-ups so far, as they both average just 1.2 changes per game.
- The Mansfield Town and Port Vale line-ups have seen an average of 2.5 changes per game - the most in League Two.
- Accrington Stanley have had the most consistent starting XI in the division, with an average of just 1.1 changes per game.
- Maidenhead United have chopped and changed their starting line-up the most this season, with an average of 2.9 changes each game.
- At the other end of the scale, Dover Athletic are averaging just 0.7 changes per game.
National League North
- There have been an average of 2.5 changes made to the Boston United and FC United of Manchester line-ups to date - the most in the National League North division.
- Brackley Town and Salford City rotate the least, with an average of 0.9 changes made per league game.
National League South
- Whitehawk average 2.9 line-up changes per league match - the most in the National League South division.
- At an average of just 1.4 line-up changes, Havant & Waterlooville and Oxford City chop and change the least.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!