2017-18 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Preview
27th Dec 2017 by TSZ
When? Thursday, 28th December
Where? Sydney Cricket Ground
Weather? Cloud but no rain expected in Sydney with temperatures of approximately 26-28c expected
What channel is it on? Channel TEN in Australia & BT Sport 2 in the UK
Are tickets still available? http://www.sydneysixers.com.au/tickets
Where can I stream the match? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match online via the BT Sport website
Last five meetings: Sydney Sixers W2, Adelaide Strikers W3
All-time meetings: Sydney Sixers W4, Adelaide Strikers W4
Coach: Greg Shipperd
Captain: Moises Henriques
- The Sydney Sixers have lost both of their opening two matches against the Thunder and Scorchers so they are under pressure to get their first win and keep their Big Bash hopes alive even at this early stage.
- They have batted first in both of their matches so far but been unable to register enough to beat their opponents (149/9 against the Thunder and 132 all out against the Scorchers) so the pressure is on their top order and the likes of Roy and captain Henriques to improve.
- They make just one change to their squad for this game as they welcome back young quick bowler Ben Dwarshuis from injury and he will replace veteran Doug Bollinger who has struggled in the first two matches.
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Travis Head
- The Strikers won their opening match against the Sydney Thunder in comfortable fashion as they won by 53 runs and they will be looking to build on that here and make it a Sydney double.
- Both their batting and bowling impressed in the opening game with Carey and Head getting them off to an excellent start, while Rashid Khan, Peter Siddle and all-time BBL leading wicket-taker Ben Laughlin shared 8 wickets for just 50 runs between them.
- They make just one change to their squad as allrounder Michael Neser has recovered from a fractured finger and he replaces Nick Winter in the 13-man squad but the starting eleven could well be the same that beat Sydney Thunder.
This match is simply a must-win game for the winless Sydney Sixers despite it just being their third match. Their batting has let them down badly so far and their bowling has not been good enough to stop their opponents chasing down their below average totals. They face an Adelaide Strikers side that looks strong in both departments and it is hard to see how the Sixers will match them with bat or ball.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!