2017-18 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Preview
12th Jan 2018 by Rob Esteva
When? Saturday, 13th January
Where? Traeger Park
Weather? 18-20c and showers expected earlier in the day but they should clear up before the start of the match
What channel is it on? Channel TEN in Australia & BT Sport 2 in the UK
Are tickets still available? http://www.adelaidestrikers.co...
Where can I stream the match? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match online via the BT Sport website
Last five meetings: Adelaide Strikers W3, Perth Scorchers W2
All-time meetings: Adelaide Strikers W5, Perth Scorchers W5
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Colin Ingram
- The Strikers’ impressive BBL07 campaign continues as they sit at the top of the ladder and they will be confident against an under-strength Scorchers side as they compete for the newly-coined Jason Gillespie Trophy at Traeger Park.
- Skipper Travis Head is unavailable for this game as he has joined up with the Australian ODI team to face England so South African batsman Colin Ingram has been named as interim captain in his absence.
- Rookie all-rounder Daniel Drew could make his BBL debut after being named in the squad to replace Travis Head and that is the only change to the 13-man squad for this top of the table clash.
Coach: Justin Langer
Captain: Adam Voges
- The Scorchers fell to their second defeat of the season against the Thunder last time but they came within three runs of chasing down 175 in a good chase that saw their record partnership stand broken with Bancroft and Cartwright combining for 137 not out.
- They name an unchanged squad here but remain without AJ Tye, Jhye Richardson and David Willey who have all been called up for their countries and Shaun Marsh who struggles with injury so this is a significantly under strength bowling attack compared to their usual fearsome line-up.
- Cameron Bancroft’s return from international duty has however strengthened their batting line-up as he showed with his 75 off 56 balls last time out so that could well see their matches containing plenty more runs than earlier in the tournament.
This top of the table clash will be a fascinating encounter but the Scorchers are notably impacted by their international absentees. The Strikers are without Travis Head but otherwise have a full strength squad which has plenty of batting strength and some of the leading economical and wicket-taking bowlers in the competition. The Scorchers are stronger with the bat with Bancroft’s return, but their bowling attack is significantly weakened with plenty of pressure on Mitchell Johnson to take wickets in the opening. The Strikers have to be favoured here to maintain top position.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!