TSZ Job Vacancy: Fantasy Football Writer
23rd Jul 2017 by TSZ
The Stats Zone is a relatively young company and we’re looking for talented individuals to get in touch and demonstrate their skills to and for us! We offer a great platform to showcase your work and abilities, as well as the opportunity to work with our clients which include a major international sports federation.
Now it’s your turn to get involved. TSZ is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic fantasy analyst to join our team as a Fantasy Writer. If you’re a passionate writer, this is an exciting opportunity with a quickly growing and well-respected company in the fantasy sports industry. The Writer may also have a chance for television work and the potential to contribute on an international platform.
• Devise and conduct independent research
• Write articles to support TSZ content and any fantasy products we develop
• Devise and execute unique and engaging offseason and in-season series ideas
• Provide player rankings both in-season and in the offseason
• Collaborate with editorial staff to develop new content
• Contribute to a live blog and our social media channels to promote our content
The successful candidate should possess:
• 3-5 years of experience in the fantasy sports or mainstream sports industry
• Demonstrable expertise in fantasy football and specifically the UEFA Champions League and the official English Fantasy Premier League games
• Passion for football, fantasy sports, and stats
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Experience on podcasts and/or video
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work around the fixture schedule often at unsociable hours
Preference will be given to candidates with some or all of the following:
• A journalist or English degree of 2:1 or higher
• Ability to use MS Excel and/or other analysis software
• Knowledge of playing fantasy sport games
This is a part-time position with a daily rate to be agreed which will be commensurate with experience. While the position will start out as part-time, we plan to hire a full-timer within the next 6-12 months if not sooner. You are responsible for declaring what you earn to the relevant authorities.
Fees are paid promptly on a monthly basis.
Location: Our office is at Media City in Salford Quays, but we will consider home-based applicants
Requirements: High speed internet & own PC/Laptop with Microsoft excel and word
Hours: Flexible / project-based and dependent on your availability
How to apply:
Same drill as any gig really – we need a CV from you please. We don’t need a long cover letter – just scribble an email explaining the motivation behind your application and sell yourself to us.
The one thing we do insist upon however is that you are prepared to do a short exercise as part of the application process. It is fun, and will not take too long of your time but only apply if you are willing to spend the time and energy to do the exercise!
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st July, 2017. Assuming we consider your application of suitable quality, we’ll get in touch with everybody regardless of whether you’ve been successful or not!
We are sticklers for strong and unique applications, so take your time, read this page carefully, and only apply if you are seriously interested in the role!
And our last note – recruitment consultants, you can also save your time! We will be managing these roles directly!
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!