29th May 2017 by TSZ
Everything You Need To Know About The Championship Play-Offs
Please note that play-off appearances include this season.
Final Facts (since 1995/96)
- There have been an average of 2.62 goals per game in Championship play-off finals.
- On average, winners of play-off finals had the better of their opponents in their two matches in the league campaign, averaging 2.90 points over the two games as opposed to 2.48 for the beaten finalists.
- Both teams have scored in just seven of the 21 finals since 1995/96.
- The higher ranked team (by league position) has prevailed in 11 out of the 21 finals since 1995/96.
- In Huddersfield and Reading's two meetings in the Championship this season, the home side won 1-0 on both occasions.
- The Championship play-off final has gone to extra-time four times since 1995/96, and reached penalties on two occasions.